When I wrote the article "Energies Of 2012 Are Upon Us" I got quite a few emails asking to elaborate a bit more on some steps to take when you are feeling this flurry of undirected energy. You asked so for it, so here are some easy steps that you can take, broken into two different categories. Why two categories you may wonder? The first one will be for linear thinkers, these people like to think things through on a more practical level instead of spiritual. The second category is for the more spiritually based thinkers. Now keep in mind that it is most effective if you just do all of these things, or at least some of the things from each category.
Linear Based Thinkers:
1) Educate yourself more on the relationship between energy and money. Money is energy! Most well known financial advisors like Suze Orman and Rich Dad Poor Dad talk about money as an energy. This is why money is also referred to as currency.
2) Shift you perspective and take your power back. You are not a victim unless you allow yourself to be!
3) Get rid of the mind clutter! What is most important to you at this time of your life? Do you need to get bills paid, more freedom, more time, etc. Then create a list and prioritize the list from top to bottom, most important things first. Focus on tackling the things at the top of your list, then working your way through to the bottom. Many people just feel like they have a barrel full of issues to deal with and no organization, so they have no idea where to start. When you have no organization this leads to something that I like to call “mind clutter”. The problem with mind clutter is that it will leave you feeling really overwhelmed, and with no clear starting point, it’s just easier to put things off over and over again. Then your barrel gets really full and that can lead to major stress or anxiety.
4) Prioritize yourself and implement the 75/25 rule. What is the 75/25 rule? You commit 75% of your free time focusing on yourself and 25% of your free time helping others. Why? Because most people commit more free time to helping others then they commit to making their own life better. When you fly on an airplane during the safety instructions the stewardess will say, "Make sure to put your own oxygen mask on first before you help others, in case of emergency." It is similar to this, you cannot help other people when your own life is in shambles or your are unhappy. Why? Because, even though you might beg to differ…it is not effective, period! It is way more effective to help others when you, yourself, have it together. Let’s face it, how well would you take relationship advice from your cousin who is an unhappy, self proclaimed, serial dater? That advice is not as effective as grandma and grandpa who have been married for 45 years! Especially when it seems that they have truly experienced the ups and the downs of a relationship and how to deal with them in a successful manner. If you are the cousin, then let’s get it together!
5) Imagine where it is that you want to see yourself one year from today, then start making choices that align up with that vision. When I ask my clients if they have a picture of where they would like to see themselves a year from today (which I do often), 95% of the time they have never thought about it before. Big mistake! How can you get to your destination if you do not know where your destination is?
Energetic Development (Spiritually Based Thinkers):
1) Break Inertia!!!! What does that mean? Do something different, switch up your daily routine. If you are sluggish get moving, if you are hyperactive, be still. For instance if you normally exercise at night, then start doing it in the morning for awhile. If you don’t exercise at all, then take a walk, jog, ride a bike or play tennis twice this week. If you normally do house work in the evening, do it in the morning. Break boring repetitive patterns and choose a challenge. Power is seldom developed by clinging to security, give up being safe, and your power chakra will awaken more quickly!
2) Avoid invalidation and criticism from those who do not understand your situation, especially if you are a sensitive person who takes things to heart. When you are undertaking something new and uncertain, invalidation and criticism can be an instant power crippler!
3) Make sure your energy travels in a complete circuit! In other words, what you put out comes back, remember the 75/25 rule.
4) Both effort and resistance are tiring and wear your energy down. That is a sign that your power is not flowing harmoniously. When you find yourself straining with effort…stop!!! Think about what you are doing and imagine doing it without effort – smoothly, enjoyably. (Morning meditation)
5) Morning meditation! This is really important and believe me, I have gotten busy myself and skipped it, boy is that an instant reminder of why not to skip morning meditation, I think it's as bad as skipping breakfast! Take a minute, two minutes or five minutes, whatever you want and sit quietly in a chair. When you do this I want you to imagine your day going exactly the way that you want it to. Any worries that you have, see them working out just like you want. Then see yourself at the end of the day before bed thinking, “Wow, I had a great day today!”
6) Breaking attachments! If, after reasonable effort something is not working, LET IT GO! Energy that is directed toward something that is not manifesting, is energy that is “hung up”, caught or otherwise useless. This can be exhilarating! The more you release, the less friction there is on your energy. The lighter you become, the more you move towards spirit and away from matter.
7) Attention…attention focuses energy! Pay it when it needs to be paid, give it to yourself. Notice where it goes, the rest of the energy will surely follow.
8) Grounding brings us into the present. Of course there is meditation for grounding, but you can also go jogging, power walking or ab workouts.
You will probably not do all of these things overnight, but pick the ones that resonate with you and if start doing those things right away you will surely begin to notice a difference!
Join Me On: